PERMANENT RESIDENCY BY INVESTMENT
(we can facilitate this process through our list of professional partners)
Bahamas Immigration: https://www.immigration.gov.bs/
How to Secure Bahamas Permanent Residency
Foreign nationals must have the permission of the Bahamian Department of Immigration to live and work in the country. While residence permits and work visas can be issued annually, permanent residency in The Bahamas is the best way to establish your life in the country — especially if you intend to pursue citizenship.
How to Qualify
- Be the spouse of a Bahamian citizen.
- You must have been married for at least five years and currently living together as husband and wife to apply for residency under this category.
- Have a Bahamian mother.
- If you were born to married parents outside The Bahamas and your mother is Bahamian but your father is not, you may apply for permanent residency.
- Apply for Bahamas residency by investment.
- You may apply for residency if you can establish that you’re financially independent and you own a residence in The Bahamas. (Vacant land and businesses do not count for this restriction, but if you own a residence worth more than $1.5 million, your application may be fast-tracked.)
- Work for the Bahamian government for at least ten years.
- Certain government service employees who have worked in The Bahamas for over ten years are eligible to apply for permanent residency:
- Prison officers
- Teachers (may also be employed by religious or charitable organizations)
- Nurses (may also be employed in private hospitals or healthcare institutions)
- Be a long-standing minister, priest, doctor or other medical professional.
- Priests, ministers of religion, doctors and other medical professionals who have been engaged in their profession for at least 20 years may apply.
- Work in The Bahamas for over 20 consecutive years.
- If you’ve worked legally in The Bahamas for more than 20 consecutive years, you may also apply for Bahamian permanent residency.
How to Apply
The application process for Bahamas permanent residency is straightforward:
- You must complete an Application for a Certificate of Permanent Residence.
- Next, you’ll need to submit documentation to support your claim, which includes basic identification (photos, birth certificate, passport) as well as specific documents based on the category under which you are applying:
- A police background check, less than six months old
- A medical certificate, less than one month old
- Two character references, written by Bahamian citizens who have known you for at least five years
- Your parents’ birth and marriage certificates
- Your marriage certificate
- Detailed financial statements to verify your economic worth
- Finally, you can submit your application and original documentation to the Bahamian Department of Immigration, along with a $100.00 fee